This webinar concentrates on some of the more vexing issues in flood compliance, such as monitoring, contents coverage, and the ever-present condo problem, by talking through sample scenarios and explaining best practices in keeping your portfolio covered.
- What exactly do the flood insurance rules cover?
- What is a covered structure or an insurable mobile home?
- Determinations: when you must do them, reliance upon previous determinations, disputes over their results, and the role of life-of-loan coverage
- Flood zone discrepancies - how to deal with them
- Insurable value - what is it and how is it calculated?
- Coverage Amounts: "Normal" situations, condo coverage, multi-structure, and construction situations
- "Knowledge is King" - when you have to know
- Documentation and retention: the Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form, notice to customers, and proof of insurance
- What do you have to monitor?
- The types of policies and their limitations, including NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) and private policies
- Force-placing insurance - why and how
- Insurance premiums and Congressional action
- Increasing regulatory expectations
Who Should Attend:
This interactive session will give an in-depth understanding of these rules and is imperative for anyone performing duties in real estate lending areas of the financial institution. This includes loan officers, supervisors, auditors, closing agents, compliance officers, trainers and others working in these types of positions.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Senior Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, DC. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country.
Carl has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at dozens of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.