Professional Plan Consultant (PPC)
The Professional Plan Consultant (PPC) designation is awarded to those who successfully complete The 401k Service Training Program™. This designation, administered by Financial Service Standards, LLC, signifies a commitment to education and service excellence in the qualified plan industry. The 401k Service Training Program is the only course that sets service standards in the retirement plan industry and imparts professionals not only with the knowledge, but the tools needed to meet (and exceed) those standards.
To earn the PPC designation, a candidate must satisfy requirements involving the following:
- Professional Experience — A successful candidate must have three years of financial industry sales, service, and/or support experience
- Coursework - A PPC candidate must attend either the instructor-led, multiple-day training session accredited by Robert Morris University or complete the ONLINE training program to gain a comprehensive understanding of the issues faced by plan sponsors, how to identify shortfalls in an employer-sponsored plan, and how successfully to address plan management issues
- Examination - Each candidate must sit for a 50-question, multiple choice examination held at the end of the training program, and obtain a passing score of 70% or better
Once accredited, PPC designees have the following obligations:
- They must sign the Financial Service Standards Code of Ethics to verify that the individual pledges to maintain a high standard of conduct, competence, knowledge, professionalism, integrity, objectivity, and responsibility in the practice of his or her profession
- They must complete the appropriate continuing education requirements
- The must submit an accreditation application and pay annual designation dues of $245.00
Continuing Education Requirements
On an ongoing basis, over a 24-month cycle, each PPC designee must complete a minimum number of continuing education hours (12) in a format allowed by FSS.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
Bank Training Center offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the PPC™ designation. For instance, we offer both classroom-based and web-based programs, so you can select the format that best accommodates your schedule and learning preference.
To find out more about the Professional Plan Consultant™ designation and the 401k Service Training Program™, simply select one of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "PPC – Professional Plan Consultant."
Recommended Online Training Courses
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
IRS Reporting Requirements: What You Need to Know About the Rules and Forms
Commercial Loan Stress Testing Fundamentals
Commercial Mortgage Training Program
Compliance With The New PCI DSS Credit Card Security Standards
BSA for the Frontline
BSA Red Flags for Money Laundering
ALERT! New W-8BEN, W-8BENE and W-9
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Top Ten Mistakes on Deposit Compliance Exams
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Opening Deposit Accounts: Types of ID
Using Business Tax Returns to Analyze Lending Requests
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
CSA Certified Senior Advisor