Series 3 Exam Prep
If you are looking to conduct business with the public on the U.S. futures exchanges, then you probably are wondering how to pass the Series 3 exam … How much you need to study for it, what material is covered in the exam, and what are some tips that will increase your chances of obtaining the Series 3 license on your first try?
The Bank Training Center provides numerous Series 3 exam preparation courses - such as Series 3 seminars, Series 3 online courses, and Series 3 exam practice tests - all designed to help you pass your Series 3 exam and earn your Series 3 license.
The securities trader Series 3 license is known formally as the National Commodities Futures license and is a proficiency test issued by the National Futures Association (NFA), the self-regulatory organization for the U.S. futures industry. It is required of individuals who:
About Your Series 3 Exam
- Offer or solicit business in futures or options on futures at a futures commission merchant (FCM) or introducing broker (IB) or who supervise any such person
- Are associated with a commodity trading advisor (CTA) who solicits discretionary accounts or who supervises persons so engaged
- Are associated with a commodity pool operator (CPO) who solicits funds for participation in a commodity pool or who supervises such persons
- Series 3 exam preparation can be either in seminar, self-study, or interactive formats.
Be sure your preferred format includes Series 3 exam practice tests!
- Recommended study time is between 30-50 hours
- Series 3 candidates are not required to be sponsored to sit for the licensing exam; however, candidates are required to be sponsored to receive their Series 3 license
- Candidates must submit a Form U10 and applicable fee to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- After FINRA confirms that the form was received and processed, a 120-day window will be opened in which the applicant may schedule and take the exam
- Exams for your securities trader Series 3 license can be scheduled at any Prometric test center nationwide
- Candidates who are successful in passing the Series 3 exam will have a period of 2 years to find a sponsor who will submit their registration documentation
- Candidates who are NOT successful in passing the Series 3 exam must re-file the Form U-10 and processing fee with FINRA, whereby a new 120-day window will be opened
- In-depth licensing questions should be directed to the National Futures Association (NFA) at 800-621-3570
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
To find training for earning your Series 3 license, including Series 3 exam preparation or Series 3 exam practice tests, simply click on any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "Series 3".
Good luck on your Series 3 exam!
Recommended In-Person Seminars
Recommended Online Training Courses
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Letters of Credit
ACH Exception Processing
Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
Deposit Analysis For Today′s Environment
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Safe Deposit Box "Danger Zones"
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers
Flood Insurance Compliance Hot Spots
Opening New Accounts: Trust, Fiduciary and Minor Accounts
Opening New Accounts: Business Accounts
Limited Liability Companies: Do′s and Don′ts
Regulation CC - Check Holds