Series 3 Exam Prep
If you are looking to conduct business with the public on the U.S. futures exchanges, then you probably are wondering how to pass the Series 3 exam … How much you need to study for it, what material is covered in the exam, and what are some tips that will increase your chances of obtaining the Series 3 license on your first try?
The Bank Training Center provides numerous Series 3 exam preparation courses - such as Series 3 seminars, Series 3 online courses, and Series 3 exam practice tests - all designed to help you pass your Series 3 exam and earn your Series 3 license.
The securities trader Series 3 license is known formally as the National Commodities Futures license and is a proficiency test issued by the National Futures Association (NFA), the self-regulatory organization for the U.S. futures industry. It is required of individuals who:
About Your Series 3 Exam
- Offer or solicit business in futures or options on futures at a futures commission merchant (FCM) or introducing broker (IB) or who supervise any such person
- Are associated with a commodity trading advisor (CTA) who solicits discretionary accounts or who supervises persons so engaged
- Are associated with a commodity pool operator (CPO) who solicits funds for participation in a commodity pool or who supervises such persons
- Series 3 exam preparation can be either in seminar, self-study, or interactive formats.
Be sure your preferred format includes Series 3 exam practice tests!
- Recommended study time is between 30-50 hours
- Series 3 candidates are not required to be sponsored to sit for the licensing exam; however, candidates are required to be sponsored to receive their Series 3 license
- Candidates must submit a Form U10 and applicable fee to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- After FINRA confirms that the form was received and processed, a 120-day window will be opened in which the applicant may schedule and take the exam
- Exams for your securities trader Series 3 license can be scheduled at any Prometric test center nationwide
- Candidates who are successful in passing the Series 3 exam will have a period of 2 years to find a sponsor who will submit their registration documentation
- Candidates who are NOT successful in passing the Series 3 exam must re-file the Form U-10 and processing fee with FINRA, whereby a new 120-day window will be opened
- In-depth licensing questions should be directed to the National Futures Association (NFA) at 800-621-3570
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
To find training for earning your Series 3 license, including Series 3 exam preparation or Series 3 exam practice tests, simply click on any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "Series 3".
Good luck on your Series 3 exam!
Recommended In-Person Seminars
Recommended Online Training Courses
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
FHA Direct Endorsement - DE Underwriting