Teller Training: Handling Checks And Deposits
Every single day your frontline handles routine matters that can cost your financial institution thousands of dollars if there's an error. For example, your teller may take deposits and fill out deposit slips for customers, but what will happen if the deposit goes into the wrong account and checks are bounced because of the teller’s action? What if an authorized signer on a personal account deposits his check into the account and it's returned? Can a joint owner withdraw funds from an account if he or she never signed the signature card contract?
These operational and day to day dealings with your customers may lead your institution into liability without anyone’s knowledge until there's a lawsuit. Who on deposit accounts can do what with the checks? Get the answers you've wanted to know and the reasons why. Learn 10 Simple Rules to Handle Checks that can save you worry, litigation and money.
- Can one customer deposit into another customer’s account? Can you deposit a personal check into a business account?
- Can you deposit a minor check into his mom’s account? Can you deposit a check made payable to mom into a child’s UTMA account?
- Can an owner of a business cash a check made payable to the business?
- Can a business owner get “less cash” of a deposit?
- Can you put a stop payment on a check made payable to cash?
- How can a business get “petty cash” without making the check payable to cash?
- What is a “third party check”? Can you cash or deposit a third party check?
- Can an authorized signer, agent or convenience signer on a personal account cash his or her own paycheck against the account? Can an authorized signer get a balance? Take all the money?
- Do you have to pay attention to the words “VOID AFTER 90 Days”?
- Can you pay a stale dated item? Can you pay a postdated item?
- Can you deposit a check made payable to a deceased customer into his or her joint account?
- Can checks made payable to “The Family of John Doe” go into John Doe’s account with his spouse?
- Can you open an account with a check made payable to the bank? Can you cash a check made payable to the bank?
- What does “FBO” mean on a check?
- How should a person with a POA document endorse a check?
- Can a check made payable to a person be deposited into the living trust after death?
- And much more…
Who Should Attend:
New accounts representatives, Customer service representatives, Branch managers, Branch administration, Compliance and anyone who works with deposit signature cards
About Your Presenter:
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Teller Training: Handling Checks And Deposits||CD/On-Demand||$325.00||
Overdraft Protection Programs
Achieving Unclaimed Property Compliance Best Practices For The Banking Industry
What To Do When A Customer Dies
Regulation E Final Changes on Prepaid Cards
Uniform Commercial Code Rules: How to Comply to Attach and Perfect Secured Transactions
Legal Liabilities When Check Fraud Occurs
Call Report: Lending Schedules For Banks
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
TRID Checkup: Areas of Concern and Uncertainty
Calculating Cash Flow
Underwriting Construction Loans
Critical Issues on Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Bank and Financial Institution Fraud
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
Loan Documentation: Top 10 Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Loan Officer Boot Camp