Did you know the CFPB spent ONE-THIRD of its 2015 budget ($140 million) on supervision and fair lending enforcement? The CFPB listed “FAIR LENDING” as a primary supervision objective, and other regulatory agencies follow this priority. A recent CFPB report outlined FIVE fair lending risk factors:
How will your regulator interpret and use these risk factors? A compliance examination is the “report card” that financial institution regulators use to “pass or fail” a financial institution’s compliance and Fair Lending program. Will your bank or credit union pass the test?
- Weak or nonexistent fair lending compliance management systems (CMS)
- Underwriting and pricing policies that consider prohibited bases in a manner that violates ECOA or presents a fair lending risk
- Discretionary policies without sufficient controls or monitoring to prevent discrimination
- Inaccurate HMDA data
- Noncompliance with Reg B’s adverse action notification requirements.
Get practical guidance to develop and maintain a risk-based compliance management program. Whether your bank is a small community bank, credit union, or a large regional institution, this fast-paced webinar will review the components of an effective compliance management system, including Board and management oversight, audit and monitoring functions, organizational structure, corrective action, training, and recommended policies and procedures.
You'll then be led through the entire exam process and receive tools and guidance to help you successfully manage the exam.
- What are the latest compliance exam procedures and “hot topics”? The October 2015 Interagency Fair Lending Hot topics session included presentations from the CFPB, Federal Reserve, NCUA, FDIC, OCC, HUD and the Department of Justice. Two of the hot topics discussed will be included in this session regarding redlining and the use of risk assessments to determine an exam focal point. Increasingly, the loss mitigation process and lender compensation are being examined closely.
- Learn 10 steps to help you prepare for and PASS the compliance exam.
- What can you learn from recent enforcement actions, including penalties for UDAAP?
- How do you develop a risk-based and effective compliance management system (CMS)?
- What does the Board need to know and what is appropriate Board oversight?
- What are the fundamentals of Fair Lending, including best practices for inquiries, loan interviews, application processing, underwriting, complaint management, and adverse action notices?
Requirements for small and large financial institutions are covered. Links will be provided for the CFPB, OCC, Federal Reserve, and NCUA exam procedures.
Who Should Attend:
Both experienced and new Compliance Officers, Auditors, Lenders, Loan Operations, Risk Managers, and Senior ManagementThe Presenter
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She frequently provides consulting services to financial institutions regarding fair lending and other compliance management issues. Her 34 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank, an affiliate of Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998.
During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. Susan regularly presents seminars to financial associations.
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.