Perhaps no regulation is as difficult to comply with overall as Reg. Z, and now it's under the control of the CFPB. We've never seen so much activity around changes in Reg. Z as we've seen the past few years, from MDIA, the Credit CARD Act, and many changes made to TILA by Dodd-Frank., The Bureau is already working on their single integrated Early TIL-GFE.
Do you know what's coming? The changes will have a major impact on the disclosures you provide for many types of loans, as well as how you manage existing accounts. We'll get you ready. This session is an in-depth discussion of Regulation Z, where we will examine the details, including a focus on often-violated parts of the rule.Covered Topics:
- A step-by-step guide to coverage to use in training, including new coverage thresholds
- How to tell the difference between business and consumer purpose, including tricky rental property rules
- Finance charge, prepaids, amount financed, to the APR - how to get it right
- Home equity lines of credit (HELOCs) - special rules, including changes to be aware of
- Timing of disclosures, including rules requiring early disclosures on mortgage loans
- Changing the deal: refinancing vs. modification
- Advertising rules - you think marketing is a challenge? How are new requirements sitting with your marketing department?
- Right of rescission - who gets it and what it means
- "Higher-priced mortgage loans" - strict underwriting standards and many restrictions
- Section 32 loans - what they are and what to do if you have them
- Credit card rules and UDAP standards - a new age of consumer rights
- Mandated changes from the Dodd-Frank Act and the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, including disclosures, appraisal rules, ability-to-repay, and more
Plus frequent question and answer sessions throughout this presentation.Who Should Attend
This webinar is appropriate for all involved in consumer lending (whether or not real estate is involved). Compliance officers, auditors, underwriting personnel, CSRs with documentation duties, and bank attorneys are just some of the personnel with a vested stake in Reg. Z compliance.The Presenter
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Senior Vice President and Compliance Manager for a large financial institution in Ohio. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country.
He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at dozens of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.