Independent Contractor Workshop
If you classify any workers as "independent contractors”—or have plans to do so—now is the time to make sure you get that classification correct.
A massive new "Misclassification Initiative” launched by the IRS and U.S. Department of Labor is targeting employers with more audits and closer scrutiny. The IRS estimates that 80% of workers classified as "independent contractors” are actually employees.
As part of the crackdown, the DOL hired 100 new auditors solely to investigate misclassifications. State investigators are also turning up the heat on employers. And all this attention is prompting more independent contractors—and their attorneys—to challenge their classifications in court.
What to do? Now is the time to understand this issue once and for all—and get in compliance. Join us for Independent Contractor Workshop. Our timely webinar will teach you:
Independent contractor status can save you big on taxes and benefits. But you must get those classifications right—now more than ever!
- How to create foolproof independent contractor relationships that meet IRS, DOL and state agency requirements
- The benefits of using independent contractors (same work, lower costs, fewer hassles) and the inherent risks (reclassifications leading to huge tax, wage and benefit payments)
- Why the feds are cracking down now, what they're looking for and how you can achieve compliance
- The key factors the DOL and IRS consider (and you should, too) in making classification decisions
- The IRS test, the so-called "Darden Factors” and the "Economic Realities” standard
- Important court cases, including the infamous FedEx case, that help draw a brighter line between contractors and employees
- The 8 steps you should take to create legally safe dealings with independent contractors
- When you can have a "joint employer” relationship with a contracting agency—and what to be aware of
- Plus, answers to YOUR questions about independent contractor issues
The federal government predicts its new crackdown on employee misclassification will reap at least $7 billion in federal revenue over the next 10 years. Don't become a notch on the IRS' belt! Discover your compliance mistakes now—before the feds do—and learn how to manage your independent contractors legally.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
contractors, FLSA, classification, DOL
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
Letters of Credit
ACH Exception Processing
Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
Deposit Analysis For Today′s Environment
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Safe Deposit Box "Danger Zones"
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers
Flood Insurance Compliance Hot Spots
Opening New Accounts: Trust, Fiduciary and Minor Accounts
Opening New Accounts: Business Accounts
Limited Liability Companies: Do′s and Don′ts
Regulation CC - Check Holds