FinCEN's New Customer Due Diligence Rules: What You Need To Know
|Date / Time:
This webinar will provide an overview of FinCEN's new customer due diligence rule, which supplements existing requirements for covered financial institutions implementing effective AML programs.
The course will address the purpose of the rule and how it changes the current AML landscape. The definition of a legal entity's beneficial owner will also be addressed to assist you in applying the requirements.
Guidance on developing procedures to comply with the rule will be provided, as will recommendations on risk-based procedures and ongoing monitoring. This content will offer you practical advice, by using examples.
FinCEN's Final Rule for Customer Due Diligence Requirements
- Examples of Increased AML Enforcement Against Financial Institutions
- Purpose of the Rule
- What Are 'Beneficial Owners'?
- Effect on Compliance Programs
About The Presenters
- FinCEN's Proposed AML Rule for Investment Advisers
- Panama Papers
Margaret E. Hirce
Lauren J. Resnick
- Attorney in the New York office of Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of white collar defense and corporate investigations, the FCPA, and securities litigation and regulatory enforcement
- Recognized by New York Metro Super Lawyers as a 'Rising Star' (2015, 2016)
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of important anti-money laundering, FCPA and securities legal and regulatory developments
- Prior to law school, she worked as a paralegal in the Frauds Bureau of the Manhattan District Attorney's Office
- Member of the American Bar Association and New York City Bar Association
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Seton Hall University School of Law; A.B. degree in History, Princeton University
- Partner in the New York office of Baker & Hostetler LLP, firm wide Client Relationship Partner
- Regularly retained by executive management and audit committees of Fortune 500 corporations to conduct internal investigations on FCPA, AML, trade sanctions and OFAC, securities fraud, accounting and employment matters, and to advise on regulatory compliance issues
- Supervised independent monitorship of NY Mellon Bank
- Regularly conducts gap analyses of AML compliance and internal audit programs for our clients and recommends enhancements to policies and procedures to optimize AML compliance
- Recognized by Chambers USA, the Legal 500 United States, and The Best Lawyers in America © in the area of white collar
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, Computer Crimes and Intellectual Property Section Chief, and two-time recipient of the Department of Justice Director’s Award for Superior Performance
- Board member of the Association of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York: board member of the NYC Citizens Crime Commission
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Harvard Law School; B.A. degree, magna cum laude
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics