SBA Loan Guarantees: Current Purchase Issues And Complexities
|Date / Time:
Things happen, and without corrective action, recovery is not always guaranteed under the SBA 7(a) loan guaranty program.
Recognition of this fact is the first step toward recovery because it requires you to be on watch and do it right.
This webinar discusses what has happened and ways to correct the unavoidable. If you have any role in making, servicing, or recovering SBA 7(a) loans, this content is for you. Protecting the SBA loan guaranty is crucial. Uncorrected or uncorrectable mistakes result in SBA denying or reducing its guaranty. You must protect yourself at every stage and this class will tell you how.
What to Do When the Rejection Letter Comes (When a Guaranty Is Not a Guaranty)
Determining If the 7(a) Guaranty Purchase Is Being Denied or If a Repair Is Being Sought
- The 7(a) Guaranty Is a Term of Art and Not a Guaranty in the Traditional Sense
Servicing Issues That Get You Into Trouble and How to Avoid Them
- The Difference in a Denial vs. a Repair
- Reasons for Repair or Denial
The 7(a) Guaranty Recovery Process (How to Turn a Denial Into a Repair)
- Liquidation Deficiency Issues
- Site Visit Report Requirements
- Undocumented Servicing Actions Issues
- The Matrix
How Do Secondary Market Issues Affect the Process
- When to Request Purchase
- How to Request Liquidation Transfer Status (Liquidation Plan)
- How to Request Purchase (Sending Electronic Files to SBA)
- The SBA Mandatory 10 Tab
- SBA Charge off Procedures Summary and Suggested Wrap-up Report
- Referral to the U.S. Treasury Offset Program
About The Presenter
- Are You Required to Purchase the Loan Back From the Secondary Market
- If so, When Can You Do It, and When Must You Do It
- What Happens If You Do Not Purchase Loan Back From Secondary Market
Jonathan E. Raulston
- Partner in the office of Engel Hairston & Johanson, PC
- Practices in the areas of creditor rights, foreclosure, workouts, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and collections
- Frequent lecturer on topics including creditor rights, foreclosure, and bankruptcy
- Has handled SBA loan related issues for the past decade
- A member of the Alabama State Bar, American Bar Association, Birmingham Bar Association (chair, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section; co-chair, Long Range Planning Committee)
- Listed as a Rising Star in Alabama Super Lawyers
- J.D. degree, University of Alabama School of Law; B.S. degree in health care management, University of Alabama
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Letters of Credit
ACH Exception Processing
Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
Deposit Analysis For Today′s Environment
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Safe Deposit Box "Danger Zones"
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers
Flood Insurance Compliance Hot Spots
Opening New Accounts: Trust, Fiduciary and Minor Accounts
Opening New Accounts: Business Accounts
Limited Liability Companies: Do′s and Don′ts
Regulation CC - Check Holds