Regulation E: Error Resolution Requirements
|Date / Time:
Bankers and compliance professionals often struggle with the day-to-day issues that arise in connection with regulatory requirements to timely and effectively resolve deposit account errors asserted by consumers.
New requirements for prepaid accounts from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) will take effect soon, magnifying the complexity that institutions face when resolving account errors.
This webinar explains the requirements of the CFPB's new amendments to Regulation E covering prepaid accounts with simple explanations of how the new rule differs from the traditional error resolution framework. It also will showcase best practices from industry leaders for conducting timely and compliant investigations of consumer complaints.
Failure to timely respond to consumer complaints is regularly cited by the CFPB as one of its chief concerns with financial service providers, and noncompliance can result in cease and desist orders, fines, penalties and class action law suits. This information will help you ensure your error resolution process satisfies new regulatory requirements and help you leverage best practices to reduce risks of fraud and other loss.
The New Prepaid Account Rule
Error Resolution Best Practices
- Requirements of the New Rule
- Impact on Error Resolution Requirements
- First Party Fraud
- Additional Issues for Overdraft and Credit Programs
Focus on Specific Programs
- Limiting Liability
- What Constitutes a "Reasonable Investigation"
- Responding to Error Notices
- Provisional Credit
- Dealing With Reasserted Errors
About The Presenter
- Payroll Cards
- General Purpose Reloadable Cards
- Exempt Accounts
Jonathan J. Wegner
- Partner in the office of Baird Holm LLP, which serves as outside regulatory counsel to the Network Branded Prepaid Card Association and the Debit Network Alliance
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of banking law and bank regulatory compliance, including credit, debit and prepaid card programs, electronic payment systems, mobile applications, mobile banking, NACHA and Card Brand Rules and cross-border payments
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on bank mergers and acquisitions, banking law, payments systems and regulatory compliance matters
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of bank regulation, financial services and payments technology
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, Creighton University School of Law; M.S. degree in journalism, Northwestern University; B.A. degree in English, summa cum laude, Santa Clara University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
FHA Direct Endorsement - DE Underwriting