Using Relevant Ratios As The Basis For Key Business Decisions
|Date / Time:
This webinar will provide an in depth understanding of business and financial activity as indicated by the financial statements.
It converts the results indicated on financial statements to ratios as the reasons needed to improve profits and productivity.
They provide the windows into the company's financial framework and reveal how best to understand and analyze business and financial activity and make relevant business decisions to improve profits and productivity.
About The Presenter
- How Business/Financial Transactions Are Transformed Into Financial Statements
- Building Blocks and Key Concepts Used in Creating Statements
- Key Components of Financial Statements
- Simple Signs of Financial Health
- Financial Statement Red Flags, Cautions and Concerns
- The Meaning and Relevance of Accrual vs. Cash Basis Accounting
- How Companies Account on an Accrual Basis but Manage on a Cash Basis
- Importance of Comparisons to Similar Companies
- The Five Major Categories of Relevant Ratios
- Profitability to Measure Gross and Net Profit
- Efficiency to Measure Productivity and Utilization of Resources
- Liquidity to Measure How Well Financial Obligations Are Being Met
- Solvency to Measure Debt Encumbrances
- Cash - the Key Business Success Measurement
- Understanding the Cash to Cash Cycle
- Key Analysis Tools and Techniques
- How Ratios Can Be Improved by Focusing on Key Specific Components
- The Advantage of Common Size Calculation in Ratio Components and Analysis
- How to Use Trends, the Most Powerful Tools in Financial and Ratio Analysis
- How Free Cash Flow Is the New Financial Success Measurement Replacing Earnings per Share
Carl L. Young, MBA
- Mr. Simplicity
- Author, former Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of $275M high growth company; business owner (CEO) of C Young Consulting LLC; consultant; business coach, passionate, and entertaining speaker and trainer; scholar in the Gersen Lehrman Council of Experts and member of the Standard and Poors Society of Industry Leaders
- Highly trained accountant with more than 25 years of speaking and training experience
- Presented seminars both nationally and internationally on finance, accounting, payroll and inventory
- His real world experience was obtained in the years spent in a high growth company that grew from $10M to $275M in revenue
- Started as chief accountant and rose through the ranks to Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Former business owner (CEO) of a manufacturing firm
- A turnaround consultant and coach, specializing in organization, management, business processes, internal control and accounting processes and systems
- Currently specializes in webinars/seminars on-site customer specified training and business coaching
- Has developed several webinars under the banner of Webinars Worth Watching; his website is www.CYoungConsulting.com
- Wrote Carl Young’s Rules of the Business Game, based on his 25 years of experience in senior level finance, accounting and business management positions
- Also wrote Handbook-Small Business Management Made Simple and several Mini Books: Finance & Accounting Made Simple, People Pleasing vs. Pencil Pushing, Rules & Tools for Thriving in Chaotic Times
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics