New Technology And The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
|Date / Time:
Gain important knowledge and learn up-to-date information regarding the interplay between the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the use of new technology in contacting debtors.
We will cover the use of voicemails, caller ID, emails, text messages and faxes, and discuss recent case law addressing the application of this technology to the debt collection industry.
You will also learn how the statute is being interpreted and applied by the courts to the new technology available to the industry.
Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) – Overview
Telephonic Communication – Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Important Elements
- Debt Contract
- Fair Credit Extension Uniformity Act
Electronic CommunicationSocial Media
- Application to Debt Collection
- Express Consent
- Damages of Statute of Limitation
- Willfully or Knowingly
- Communicating Via Cell Phone
- Frequency of Calls
- Caller ID
About The Presenter
- Issues and Case Law
- Linkedin® and Twitter®
Nicholas D. Krawec, Esq.
Raymond Wendolowski, Esq.
- Partner with Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.
- Practices in the areas of commercial litigation, collection law and creditors’ rights
- Written and spoken on many topics related to his areas of expertise
- Listed as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, in the field of creditors’ rights since 2008, by Philadelphia Magazine
- Certified by the American Board of Certification as a creditors’ rights specialist
- J.D. degree, Duquesne University; B.A. degree, cum laude, University of Pittsburgh
- Associate with Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.’s Creditors’ Rights group
- Focuses primarily on commercial collection litigation
- Responsible for the filing and defense of mechanics’ liens, foreclosure actions, replevins, bond litigation, involuntary bankruptcies and other credit-related matters
- Involved with a number of professional organizations, including the Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA) where he graduated the Bar Leadership Initiative program and is a current member of the Education Committee
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics