Basics Of Trust Administration
|Date / Time:
Despite the perceived complexities behind formation and administration of trusts, a trust is one of the most useful tools to help clients achieve estate planning goals in various circumstances.
This webinar will unbundle the trust to its basic components. The information will provide a platform that can be used to concisely explain, discuss, and market the use of trusts as a complementary tool to a client's estate planning portfolio.
Identify a trustee's powers and obligations, and the role of a trust beneficiary. Understand general rules governing income taxation of trusts and how it impacts income taxation of trust beneficiaries.
This course will be helpful to new and seasoned advisors who wish to incorporate the use of basic trust structures in a client's estate planning portfolio and will highlight pertinent issues to assist advisors in the efficient management and administration of well-established trusts.
- Key Players
- Trust Types
- Revocable vs. Irrevocable
- Jurisdiction – Choice of Law
- Fiduciary Duties
- Real Property vs. Tangible Property
- Funds Held in Financial Institutions
- Digital Assets – Be Wary
Trust Termination and Probate Court
- Revocable vs. Irrevocable
Applicable Tax RulesAbout The Presenters
- Lifetime Trusts vs. Testamentary Trust Termination
- Probate Court Involved at Death or Modification of Irrevocable Trust
Jennifer V. Abelaj, Esq., CPA
Anta Cisse-Green, Esq., L.L.M., T.E.P.
- Attorney at Katsky Korins LLP
- Experienced financial background focusing on tax and estate planning matters, including estate and gift taxation, charitable giving and tax planning, business succession planning, and not-for-profit creation and compliance
- Member of the New York State Bar Association, and was a court-appointed court examiner for New York State Supreme Court guardianship matters
- Fluent in Spanish, conversant in Slovak
- J.D. degree, St. John’s University School of Law; B.S. degree, Fordham University, College of Business Administration
- Senior Counsel at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Seasoned tax professional who advises clients on the tax efficient use of complex strategies to transfer wealth to family members using various estate, gift generation skipping and charitable vehicles
- Represents and advises public charities and foundations on various governance, tax and administration issues
- Member of the New York State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association and is the current Trusts and Estates editor for eReport, the online publication of the American Bar Association, Real Property Trusts and Estates Section
- Certified as a Trust and Estate Practitioner with the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Superlawyers New York Metro Rising Star 2013 to 2014, Estate Planning & Probate
- National Black Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys
- L.L.M. degree, New York University School of Law; J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics