Playing On A National Field: Bankers Beware - Staying In Fair Territory On Regulation B
|Date / Time:
Are you and your team prepared for the changes? Get in the strike zone with the attorneys that have the knowledge, experience, as well as a U.S. Supreme Court affirmation on this important topic.
We will provide practical tips and tools from the dugout to ensure your bases are covered. Join us for engaging, play-by-play information on ECOA and the latest trends in Regulation B.
Areas we will cover include amendments, potential problems now and in the future and how to fix them, enforcement by the CFBP, Justice Department, and the FDIC (interviewed recently), private causes of action updates, and more.
Lathrop & Gage LLP Partners Tom Stahl and Greer Lang have a wealth of information to share with you. You'll gain relevant insight on the "ins and outs" of the latest litigation, what's next, and how you and your clients can have a "win-win" scenario.
The ECOA and Regulation B
How to Stay in Fair Territory
- Problem Areas (Redlining, Disparate Treatment, Guarantors, Spousal Guarantors)
The U.S. Supreme Court
- Find Your Problems Before They Do and Act
- Loan Documents and Addendum
Administrative Enforcement and Private Actions
- Issues Argued
- Effect on Federal Courts
- Effect on State Courts
About The Presenters
- Justice Department
- Consumer Finance Protection Bureau
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (Interview)
- Private Causes of Actions - Case Law Update
Greer S. Lang
Thomas H. Stahl
- Partner in the business litigation department of Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Represents clients in litigated and non-litigated complex commercial and business-related disputes such as breach of contract matters, partnership disputes, disputes involving covenants not to compete and other restrictive covenants, loan enforcement actions, construction matters, insurance disputes, regulatory matters, trusts, business torts and professional liability matters
- Obtained affirmance by the United States Supreme Court of litigation team's victories in the 8th Circuit and U.S. District Court for Western District of Missouri that client did not violate the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B in lending dispute, because Regulation B impermissibly expands scope of Equal Credit Opportunity Act to include spousal guarantors not covered by plain language of statue. Hawkins v. Community Bank of Raymore, 136 S. Ct. 1072 (2016)
- Recipient, Missouri Lawyers Weekly’s Missouri Lawyers Awards - Influential Appellate Advocate, 2016
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Washburn University School of Law; graduate, magna cum laude, Washburn University
- Partner with Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Concentrates practice in corporate and business services which includes business formation, business planning, mergers and acquisitions, board of directors, employment and shareholders issues
- Has provided counsel to large and small business entities in a multitude of areas including mergers and acquisitions, general corporate governance, corporate planning and organization, international, banking, health care, professional corporations, federal and state regulations and business litigation
- Represented financial institutions for the past 30 years concerning all aspects of banking law concerning federal and state regulatory actions including bank holding company issues and acquisitions; also in the regulatory arena he has purchased and merged insurance related entities, gaining the necessary regulatory approval
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2008 to 2016; listed in Continental Who’s Who and Martindale-Hubbell® “AV Preeminent” Rating
- Co-wrote “Well-Settled Foreclosure Rule Upheld - For Now: First Bank v. Fischer & Frichtel, Inc. (Missouri Supreme Court 2012),” Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, July 2012
- J.D. degree, Saint Louis University School of Law; B.S. degree, Saint Louis University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics