CFPB Issues Final HMDA Rule: What This Means For You And Your Bank
|Date / Time:
The CFPB has implemented significant changes under Regulation C and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act ("HMDA"). These changes impact the types of transactions and the types of institutions subject to Regulation C and HMDA.
In addition, the reporting and disclosure requirements have been modified, along with revisions to the data that must be collected. These changes require that entities subject to Regulation C and HMDA carefully review and understand these changes in order to ensure that their reporting is compliant.
This webinar will walk through the primary changes imposed by the final rule and will also assist companies subject to Regulation C and HMDA understand the new requirements to help ensure compliant reporting.
- Brief Overview of HMDA and Regulation C
- Summary of the Elements of HMDA and Regulation C Impacted by the CFPB's Changes
Changes to Data Collected and Reporting
- Changes to Entities Subject to HMDA and Regulation C
- Changes to Transactions Covered by HMDA and Regulation C
Other Changes and ConclusionsAbout The Presenter
- Modified and Expanded Data Collected
- Changes to Collection and Reporting
- Changes to Submission of Reporting
Robert W. Savoie
- Attorney in the New Orleans office of McGlinchey Stafford PLLC
- Louisiana Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (Banking), 2016
- Industry Advisory Council member and Industry Development Working Group member for the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System State Regulatory Registry (NMLS SRR)
- Practice regularly involves assisting state and national banks, mortgage lenders, motor vehicle sales finance companies, and small dollar lenders with substantive consumer financial services compliance
- Conducted presentations on a wide variety of topics, ranging from mortgage servicing and debt collection issues for American Bar Association meetings and webinars to Service members’ Civil Relief Act compliance in the context of Department of Justice examinations
- Published articles on subjects ranging from mortgage servicing to debit card interchange fees to mortgage foreclosure compliance
- American Bar Association, member, Consumer Financial Services Committee, Young Lawyer Liaison to the Small Dollar Lending Task Force
- J.D. degree, Notre Dame Law School
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Letters of Credit
ACH Exception Processing
Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
Deposit Analysis For Today′s Environment
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Safe Deposit Box "Danger Zones"
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers
Flood Insurance Compliance Hot Spots
Opening New Accounts: Trust, Fiduciary and Minor Accounts
Opening New Accounts: Business Accounts
Limited Liability Companies: Do′s and Don′ts
Regulation CC - Check Holds