Minimizing Credit Card Processing Fees
|Date / Time:
Nearly every merchant today must accept credit cards to run a successful business.The Transaction CycleWhy Merchants Should Accept Credit CardsTips on Opening a Merchant Account to Avoid Hidden or Costly Fees
That said, few merchants, if any, have ever been "trained" on how to open a merchant account. Since all merchant account agreements are a minimum of three years, making a mistake in this area of a merchant's business will not only be costly, it will create unnecessary pain for the business owner.
This webinar provides vital and enlightening information to help new merchants open a merchant account, and will help merchants who already have a merchant account and are thinking about switching suppliers to look for ways to decrease costs and to protect themselves from credit card scams.
Payment Processing 101 and Definitions
What Solutions/Technology Should Your Business Consider to Control Processing Cost
- Hidden Costs of Payment Processing
- What to Watch for in Your Merchant Account Agreement
- Tech Support and Customer Service and Why They Are Important
Pricing and How Interchange Works
- Dual Mode Credit Card Terminals
- EMV and Apple Pay
- POS Systems
- Virtual Terminals; Wireless Terminals
- Smart Phone Solutions
- Lease vs. Purchase
How to Reduce Risk and Fraud
- Who Makes Money on Your Merchant Account?
- Factors That Drive Interchange Costs
- Components of Credit Card Processing Fees
- How to Determine Real Cost for Accepting Credit Cards
- Managing Processing Costs
- Interchange Plus vs. Tiered Pricing
- How and Why Downgrades Occur
- Best Practices in Downgrade Avoidance; Preventing Charge Backs
Becoming PCI Compliant
- Tips on "Card Present" Transactions
- Tips on "Card Not Present" Transactions
- Additional Items to Consider
Other Payment Solutions to Consider
- What Is PCI; What's Required
- Potential Fines; Real Case Study
About The Presenter
- Gift and Loyalty Cards
- Check Programs
- Electronic Secure Invoicing
- Recur Pay; Advance Cash
Niles D. Crum
- President and owner of NDC Payment Solutions
- Entered the payment industry in April 2007
- Earned “Rookie of the Year” for PayPros, an industry leading company in Payment Processing
- Known as an interchange expert in the payments industry
- Has boarded over 400 merchants personally and mentors sales agents across the U.S.
- Processor for IFDA (The International Foodservice Distributor Association); The Proponent Group, whose members include the who’s who in golf instruction including Mike Bender PGA Teacher of the Year); several buying groups and merchants across the U.S.
- Quoted several times in the Greensheet, the industry’s top trade publication
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics