International Collections: Collecting Your Global Money
|Date / Time:
This webinar is intended to provide you with the knowledge of risks and legal steps to take in order to improve the prospects for successfully collecting outstanding balances across borders.
This course will also address the fundamental knowledge of what to look for when structuring a contract that includes international commercial customers.
About The Presenter
- Treaties, Conventions and Laws That Affect the Enforceability of the International Sale of Goods
- Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
- Arbitration Clauses
- Statutes of Limitations
- Independent Guaranties and Letters of Credit
Paul J. Ricotta
- Member at Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky & Popeo P.C.
- Over 25 years’ experience representing debtors and creditors in workouts, restructurings, and commercial bankruptcy proceedings and in commercial finance transactions
- Served as counsel to debtors, unsecured creditors' committees, secured lenders of various lien priorities, major trade vendors, landlords and tenants, equity holders, and buyers of many different types of assets in bankruptcy proceedings, both domestically and internationally
- Deep knowledge of commercial finance transactions, secured transaction law and litigation matters in state, federal and bankruptcy court
- Published articles have appeared in West Publishing Company publications, the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, the Daily Bankruptcy Review, the Corporate Finance Review, the Bankruptcy Strategist, the New York Law Journal, the Journal of Corporate Renewal, and numerous bar association publications and newsletters such as the Boston Bar Association Newsletter and the American Bankruptcy Institute Healthcare Committee Newsletter
- Has had numerous teaching and speaking engagements for professional organizations, bar associations, and industry groups, including the National Federation of Municipal Analysts, the National Association of Bond Lawyers, the Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, the Council of Infrastructure Finance Associations, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Turnaround Management Association, the Bond Buyer (Symposium on Specialty Credits), and Lorman Education Services
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America: Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2009 to 2016; Chambers USA: Massachusetts – Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2009 to 2015; Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2005 to 2015; achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics