2016 Planning For UCC Article 4A: eBanking, ACH Fraud Risk Management And Contractual Mitigation
|Date / Time:
2015 sharpened every financial institution's awareness of the monetary, reputational, and regulatory risks of electronic banking fraud as new attacks developed and new defensive strategies emerged.Current Developments Under Article 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code
This training session shows where your institution's attention and resources should be focused now.
This session will keep you abreast of developing legal trends and supervisory priorities, as well as what is actually working for others.
This webinar is "operational" in scope, regardless of your core processing technology vendor. Particular attention will be devoted to highest fraud risk vectors, how to advantageously structure relationships with your customers, and planning to be instantly brilliant when the worse happens and minutes matter. With the increase in ACH volume, the most important changes under the NACHA Operating Rules will also be explored.
Finally, as malefactors increasingly focus on financial institutions as targets of their attacks, as opposed to the long perceived soft-target of the customer, best practice safeguards for your own institution's staff will be discussed.
The New Risk Environment for Electronic Banking: Threats to the Machine vs. Threats to the People
Thoughts on Contract Best Practices in Commercial Account Relationships
- Survey of the Nation's Recent Filed and Decided Legal Cases
- Take-Away Lessons From These Cases, aka How to Use the UCC and Developing Case Law to Your Advantage
- Strategies for Dealing With Commercial Customers When the Worse Happens
What to Focus Upon Regarding ACH Originations and Receipts
- Practical Contracting Alternatives for the More Common Fraud Risks, With "Model" Contract Clauses
How to Respond to Electronic Banking Emergencies When Your Institution's Money and Reputation Is on the LineAbout The Presenters
- Same-Day ACH Rule
- Data Security Framework Rule
- Best Practices for Safe ACH Operational Controls
William "Bill" Repasky
Cynthia J. Thompson
- Chairperson of the Financial Institutions Litigation Practice Group of Frost Brown Todd, LLC
- Formerly in-house counsel for one of the country’s largest national banks and also for a leading merchant acquirer processing company
- Frequent press commentator, author and speaker on electronic banking and financial institution regulatory compliance matters
- Director of Professional Services with The Payments Authority, the association for payments people
- More than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, electronic payments and e-commerce, earning both the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) and Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certifications
- Thompson conducts ACH audits, risk assessments and payment consulting engagements
- Speaks about electronic payments and related topics at trade and industry association meetings and conferences throughout the state and nationally
- Represents The Payments Authority on various NACHA committees and councils
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Letters of Credit
ACH Exception Processing
Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
Deposit Analysis For Today′s Environment
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Safe Deposit Box "Danger Zones"
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers
Flood Insurance Compliance Hot Spots
Opening New Accounts: Trust, Fiduciary and Minor Accounts
Opening New Accounts: Business Accounts
Limited Liability Companies: Do′s and Don′ts
Regulation CC - Check Holds