Beyond Form 1042 Compliance: International Withholding Requirements
|Date / Time:
As more companies, even relatively small ones, go global, setting up businesses and customers is almost always the first order of business.
Many of the administrative functions, such as tax compliance, follow later, sometimes much later.
Often, foreign affiliates are created to facilitate business overseas. A number of business transactions flow from the international effort. These transactions often have tax consequences. The objective to this insightful seminar is to identify the global withholding tax consequences of engaging in international business commerce.
Once identified, methods to reduce and even eliminate withholding tax obligations will be covered. If your organization conducts international commerce, this program is for you.
Overview of Global Withholding Tax
Building Blocks for Global Withholding Tax Compliance and Planning
- The Need for International Withholding Tax
- Major Withholding Tax Regimes
- How to Avoid Withholding Tax – Permanent Establishment
The Role of International Tax Treaties
- Understanding the Organizational Structure
- Timely Compliance
Withholding Tax Optimization
- Treaty Provisions
- Using Income Tax Treaties
About The Presenters
- Avoid Risks and Overpayments
- Using Withholding Tax Credits and Deductions
- Audit Documentation
- International Planning to Minimize Tax and Withholding
Ryan Charles Gaglio
John P. Garcia, CPA, M.B.A.
- Attorney with Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth, P.C.
- Focuses on tax planning, tax controversy and transactional matters
- Advises clients on the federal, state and local tax consequences of mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcies and workouts, executive compensation, as well as tax planning for inbound and outbound transactions, intercompany transfer pricing, foreign currency transactions, and other international tax matters
- Published several articles and is the co-editor of a comprehensive tax treatise, Taxation of Securities Transactions “Overlooked Impact of Health Care Reform,” Daily Journal (August 31, 2012)
- J.D. degree, Yale Law School; B.A. degree, Columbia College
- Owner at JPG Associates, Inc.
- Previously, John was head of tax for Targus overseeing many projects including full scope international IRS audits and appeals, competent authority proceedings, and various international restructurings of the organization
- Adjunct instructor at the University of Phoenix, School of Business and teaches various continuing education courses for CPE, Inc.
- Previously an international tax manager for Henkel of America, a subsidiary of Henkel KGaA (a DAX 30 Company) and a tax senior with KPMG
- Appointed by Governor Janet Napolitano to the Family College Savings Program Oversight Committee (Section 529 Plan); in this capacity he drafted tax legislation and spoke at the Arizona State Legislature and on local television in support of the legislation (The measure was subsequently passed into law)
- Published several articles including "The Integrated Database Solution to Global Withholding Tax Compliance", California CPA; "Green Corporate Tax Incentives-Wind Technologies", Corporation Taxation; "The Arizona Family College Savings Plan Deserves Your Support", Arizona Society of CPA’s Magazine
- Member of the Tax Executives Institute, the American Institute of CPA’s and the California Society of CPA’s
- Licensed as a certified public accountant
- B.S. degree in finance and accounting, University of Maryland, College Park
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics