Employee Wages: Administration of Caps, Freezes, Reductions and Furloughs
|Date / Time:
Employers continue to search for ways to control payroll costs in response to economic uncertainty. Layoffs and force reductions have pared many workforces to the bone, but the pressure to manage costs is relentless.
Adjustments to compensation and to working time can be viable alternatives to job cuts, but they are not without legal risk.
This topic will address the legal and business cases for compensation adjustments and provide a road map for implementing wage cuts, caps and freezes so that employers can realize their goal of cost savings without buying expensive legal claims as part of the package.
This webcast will also outline the best way to adjust working hours and to create a successful furlough programs. Additionally, this topic will discuss the viability of these cost savings measures in the cross border context.
Wage and Benefits Adjustments as an Alternative to Layoffs - The Business Side
Wage and Benefits Adjustments as an Alternative to Layoffs - The Legal Side
Furloughs and Working Time Reductions- Risk Management Considerations
Caps and Compensation Cuts - Risk Management Considerations
- Macro or Micro?
- Wage and Hour Concerns
- State Unemployment Compensation Issues
- Impact of Extending the Unemployment Limits
- Jobless Recovery Why Unemployment May Significantly Lag Behind a Recovery
- Employees on Leave
- A Word About Unions
- Minimizing Discrimination Risks
Global ConsiderationsAbout The Presenter
- Managing Contract Exposures
- Employee Retention Concerns
- Succession Planning in a Defensive Environment
- Executive vice president of global outplacement consultancy Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.
- Firm has provided job search counseling to discharged professionals making the transition to reemployment since the 1960's
- With Challenger for 21 years
- Oversees all relationship development and transition counseling for North America
- Serves on the senior management team responsible for developing and maintaining the firm's worldwide business strategy
- BA dynamic speaker, he is frequently asked to present to business organizations on issues related to employment and workforce development
- Made presentations at Nielsen Learning's Leadership Summit, The Human Resources Assoc. of Central Ohio Annual Conference and the Human Resources Forum of Ontario's Annual Conference in 2007
- Frequent contributor to Canada's Report on Business, CNBC, CNN and NBC
- Bachelor's degree in marketing and speech communications, Drake University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
FHA Direct Endorsement - DE Underwriting