Wage Payment Irregularities: How To Avoid Costly Mistakes
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
This webinar will analyze current case law and provide up-to-date summaries of current wage payment and collection law hot topics; provide tools to help identify potential wage payment irregularities; and provide suggested practices to help avoid wage payment irregularities.
What Can/Should Be Included as Wages
- Working Time
- Off-The-Clock Work
- Overtime Obligations
Time Shaving/Time EditingMethods of Payment
- Permissible Deductions
- Prohibited Deductions
Timing of Wage Payments
- Direct Deposits
- Pay Cards
About The Presenter
- Regular Pay for Current Employees
- Final Pay for Employees Who Resign
- Final Pay for Employees Who Are Laid off
- Final Pay for Employees Who Are Discharged
Anne E. Martinez
- Of counsel in the Philadelphia office of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP's Labor and Employment practice group
- Represents employers in a broad array of labor and employment law matters and has litigated wage and hour class and collective actions, as well as complex and single-plaintiff discrimination cases (including gender, race, age, and disability discrimination and harassment)
- In addition to her litigation background, she has advised clients in a variety of industries with respect to compliance with the requirements of the FLSA and state law wage/hour and wage payment requirements and has also conducted a number of comprehensive internal wage/hour audits to assist clients in properly classifying employees as exempt or nonexempt and to revise other wage/hour and wage payment practices as necessary
- Represented clients in federal and state agency wage/hour audits
- J.D. degree, University of Pennsylvania Law School; B.S. degree, in industrial and labor relations, Cornell University; certificate of study in business and public policy, Wharton School
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Overdraft Protection Programs
Achieving Unclaimed Property Compliance Best Practices For The Banking Industry
What To Do When A Customer Dies
Regulation E Final Changes on Prepaid Cards
Uniform Commercial Code Rules: How to Comply to Attach and Perfect Secured Transactions
Legal Liabilities When Check Fraud Occurs
Call Report: Lending Schedules For Banks
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
TRID Checkup: Areas of Concern and Uncertainty
Calculating Cash Flow
Underwriting Construction Loans
Critical Issues on Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Bank and Financial Institution Fraud
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
Loan Documentation: Top 10 Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Loan Officer Boot Camp