Payroll Compliance Strategies For 2015
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
This webinar is designed to help persons responsible for payroll obligations to understand the expanding regulations regarding compensation of employees, as well as best practices for implementing company policies in line with such regulations.
This webinar also explores different types of leaves of absence, and how they affect an employer's payroll obligations. Participating in this workshop will put employers in a better position to ensure their compensation and leave policies meet current legal requirements, as well as best practices.
Payroll and Notice Peculiarities
Creating and Maintaining a Lawful Internship Program
- Computing Hours Worked: Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Making Them
- State Payroll Deductions
- Direct Deposit Laws and the Use of Payroll Cards
- Withholding Pay at Separation
- Other Important Notice and Posting Requirements
- The "Intern" Exception: Guidance on Which Workers Qualify as Unpaid Interns Under the FLSA
- Important Case Law Regarding the Intern Exception
- Different Rules for Nonprofit Organizations and Public Sector Entities
- Practical Consideration for Implementing a Successful Internship Program
Payroll and Leaves of Absences
- Company Cars and Transit Benefits: How to Properly Account for Providing These Benefits
- How to Determine If an Employer-Provided Cell Phone Meets the Requirements of a De Minimis Fringe Benefit
- Guidelines for Employer Provided Moving Expenses
- Best Practices for Tuition Reimbursement
About Your Presenter
- Understanding the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act: How to Determine Proper Methods of Calculating Leave Entitlement and Employer Obligations
- Military Leave: Employer Obligations Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Traditional Leave vs. Paid Time off: Advantages and Disadvantages to Implementing a PTO Plan and How to Create a Transition Plan
- Small Necessities Laws: Incorporating State and Local Regulations Into Leave Policies
- Expanding Paid Sick Time Laws and Employer Responsibilities
- Reasonable Accommodations Requirements Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
Jeffrey M. Landes
Susan Gross Sholinsky
- Member of the New York office of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.in the Labor and Employment practice
- Experience includes counseling clients in a variety of industries including financial services, retail and communications; in all facets of employment law, including compliance with EEO laws and other statutes governing the workplace, independent contractor issues, executive terminations, restrictive covenants, drug testing, background checks, employee discipline and terminations, reorganizations, workplace investigations, leaves of absence, and development of handbooks and personnel policies and procedures
- Prepares employment, consulting and separation agreements
- Counsels multinational companies in unique labor and employment law issues
- Conducts wage/hour and human resource audits
- Conducts workplace training sessions for employees and managers and human resources personnel concerning performance management, harassment, diversity, EEO issues, and wage/hour issues, including pay practices and exempt/nonexempt classification issues
- Represents employers in wage/hour audits before the U.S. Department of Labor and other federal and state administrative agencies
- Past member of the Labor and Employment Committee of the Bar Association of the City of New York and currently a member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of the New York State Bar Association's Labor and Employment Section
- Author of numerous publications on employment law issues and frequently lectures on a range of workplace issues to business and employer groups and at several leading universities
- An active volunteer for several charitable organizations, as well as a member of the Board of Trustees of The Browning School
- Member of the New York office of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. in the Labor and Employment practice
- Counsels clients on a variety of matters, in a practical and straightforward manner, with an eye toward reducing the possibility of employment-related claims; in 2013, New York Super Lawyers cited Ms. Sholinsky as a "Rising Star"
- Advises employers in all facets of the employment relationship, from pre-employment considerations and hiring to terminations and post-employment restrictions
- Develops and audits employers' policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable law and best practices
- Counsels employers with respect to the avoidance of employment-related disputes, employee discipline, leaves of absence, accommodation requests, and termination of employment (including voluntary and involuntary reductions in force)
- Prepares employment, consulting, separation and noncompete agreements
- Conducts workplace training seminars for employees, managers, and human resources personnel in a variety of industries
- Performs company-wide audits pertaining to various wage and hour issues, such as appropriate classification of employees as exempt or nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage-hour laws
- Counsels multinational companies on the unique labor and employment law issues they face
- Promotes compliance with EEO laws and other statutes governing the workplace
- Represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including discrimination, wrongful discharge, harassment, and employment contract cases
- Serves on the adjunct faculty of the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics