Review and Update of Important Dodd-Frank Provisions
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd-Frank) is one of the most significant consumer financial protection laws in the history of the country.
One of the main elements of Dodd-Frank is the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), along with the consolidation of most federal consumer financial protection laws under the authority of the CFPB and the creation of supervisory authority over non-bank mortgage lenders.
This webinar will address why companies offering consumer financial products or services should pay attention to the various examination manuals issued by the CFPB.
The live webinar also will address the broad grant of authority under Dodd-Frank to the CFPB to address unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practice, including the limited guidance that exists and lessons learned from certain CFPB enforcement actions.
The live webinar will provide an update on the CFPB ability to repay rule for mortgage loans, and qualified mortgages that have a more favorable status under the rule. Finally, the live webinar will address the RESPA/TILA integrated disclosure rule that combines the application and closing disclosures under the statutes effective August 2015.
CFPB Supervision and Examination Manual
Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts and Practices
- General Approach
- Use as a Resource
Status of the CFPB Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule and Related Rules
- CFPB Rule
- Legal Standards and Regulatory Guidance
- CFPB Enforcement Actions
- Lessons Learned
- Effective Compliance Programs and Protection
RESPA/TILA Integrated Disclosure Rule
- CFPB Rule
- CFPB Proposed Points and Fees Cure
- CFPB Request for Comments on Debt-To-Income Cure
- FHA Qualified Mortgage
- VA Qualified Mortgage
About The Presenter
- Time Frame
- Loan Estimate Basics and Considerations
- Closing Disclosure Basics and Considerations
Richard J. Andreano
- Practice leader, Mortgage Banking Group, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Fellow, American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, banking and finance: financial services regulation: consumer finance (compliance), national ranking, 2014
- MBA Compliance Essentials Loan Originator Compensation Resource Guide™ and MBA Compliance Essentials Loan Originator Compensation Resource Guide II™, published by the Mortgage Bankers Association
- Editor-in-chief, Mortgage Finance Regulation Answer Book 2011-2012, published by the Practising Law Institute; wrote chapters on the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; and co-wrote the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Truth in Lending Act chapters
- Counsel clients on residential mortgage regulatory matters, including ability to repay, RESPA/TILA integrated disclosure rule, CFPB supervision and examination, UDAAP and other Dodd-Frank matters
- Frequent speaker and writer on mortgage industry issues
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
FHA Direct Endorsement - DE Underwriting