IRS Circular 230-2014 Update
|Date / Time:
Circular 230 is the governing document for all federal tax practitioners and is a must read and understand for accounting professionals.
This update course will navigate the changes from the 2012 courses as well as lay a solid foundation to the framework of the federal regulations.
Join us for this webinar and understand the key definitions, who the regulations apply to, and how to steer clear of trouble with the more and more powerful IRS Office of Professional Responsibility.
Regulation of Practitioners Under Circular 230, Foundation
Selected Key Paragraphs of C230 – Especially New or Revised Areas
- The Law and Regulations
- Key Definitions and Applicability
- IRS Oversight Authority, Generally
- Recordkeeping, CPE, etc.
Preparer Penalties – 2014 Update
- Tax Practice
- Opinions and Client Communications
- Sanction for Violations
Case Law, Update and Analysis
- IRC 6694
- Levels of Authority
- Shelters and Reportable Transactions
- Sanctions: Civil Appeals and Court Jurisdiction
About The Presenters
- Loving v. U.S.
- PTINs, RRTP, Licensing and C230
- 10.21 Knowledge of Client's Omission – What to Do
- Very Latest News on IRS Regulation of Tax Professionals
Douglas L. Klein, CPA, EA
David J. Lewis
- Associate director, Tax, and IRS Practice and Procedure Group Leader with SS&G Inc., one of the nation’s largest independent accounting and business consulting firms
- Issues compliance specialist (especially regarding Circular 230, e-filing, PTINs, and related mandates) and international individual tax and foreign asset reporting; power user of IRS E-services and transcripts
- Former IRS agent and problem resolution case manager with more than 20 years of experience in public accounting and private industry
- Saved clients millions in crippling business penalties as a result of IRS representation, including one case of more than $4,000,000
- Frequent presenter at seminars and attorney bar associations regarding IRS dispute resolution
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs, National Association of Enrolled Agents, Ohio Society of Enrolled Agents, and the Ohio Society of CPAs as well as being involved in various civic and community organizations
- Bachelor’s degree, Ashland College
- Director and shareholder of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. and practices out of the firm’s Northeast Ohio offices
- Areas of concentration include corporate, individual, partnership, excise, federal tax and state and local tax issues
- Counsels distribution and technology companies, service, manufacturing, durable medical equipment, internet, food ingredients, metals recycling, farming, processing , and transportation, on a variety of business needs
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® and Ohio Super Lawyers; recognized as one of the “Top Attorneys in Business Services” (Tax) in the Corporate Counsel Edition of Super Lawyers Magazine; and achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Adjunct professor of the University of Akron faculty and teaches tax practice and procedure to masters of taxation candidates and law students
- Lectured for University of Akron’s National Tax Institute, Ohio Society of CPA’s, Akron Bar Association, Institute of Management Accountants and the Cleveland Tax Institute
- Member of Ohio Society of CPAs and past vice-chair of the City of Hudson Board of Zoning and Building Appeals
- J.D. degree, Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio; B.B.A. degree in accounting, Kent State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Overdraft Protection Programs
Achieving Unclaimed Property Compliance Best Practices For The Banking Industry
What To Do When A Customer Dies
Regulation E Final Changes on Prepaid Cards
Uniform Commercial Code Rules: How to Comply to Attach and Perfect Secured Transactions
Legal Liabilities When Check Fraud Occurs
Call Report: Lending Schedules For Banks
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
TRID Checkup: Areas of Concern and Uncertainty
Calculating Cash Flow
Underwriting Construction Loans
Critical Issues on Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Bank and Financial Institution Fraud
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
Loan Documentation: Top 10 Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Loan Officer Boot Camp