How To Write An Effective Credit Policy
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
All financial institutions must have a written policy that establishes the rules and a framework to prudently operate and administer their credit exposure.
Writing a credit policy that adequately addresses all activities that create credit risk can be a very daunting task. An effective credit policy establishes the institution's lending philosophy consistent with its business strategies, and provides clear, concise credit standards and guidelines.
However, credit policy cannot address every possible situation and therefore must also be flexible enough to meet the legitimate credit needs of the customers served by the institution. This live webinar will provide persons responsible for writing all or parts of credit policy with information to achieve those objectives and more.
Other topics that will be discussed include best practices for developing or changing policy, minimum required versus additional desired content, differentiating between policy and procedure, using technology to provide access to the policy, using credit policy to educate and inform rather than merely directing the users, important issues to regulators, and ensuring that the policy is appropriate for the complexity and scope of the institution.
Credit Policy ObjectivesFACULTY
Credit Policy Process
- Lending Philosophy
- Standards and Guidelines
- Educate and Inform Users
- Development and Revision
- Review and Approval
- Required vs. Desired Content
- Policy vs. Procedure
Peter W. Jaworski
- Executive vice president and chief credit officer – WesBanco Bank, Inc., a $6 billion dollar banking company headquartered in Wheeling, West Virginia with over 100 offices in West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania
- More than 25 years of banking experience in loan administration, credit analysis, underwriting, customer relationship management, loan documentation, problem loan administration and loan review
- Responsibilities include establishing credit policy, monitoring and managing credit risk, and executive oversight of various credit administration functions
- Credit Risk Certified by the Risk Management
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Guest lecturer at the West Virginia University College of Law, providing a lender’s perspective on real estate secured loan transactions
- Presenter at West Virginia Bankers Association annual credit conference
- Previously conducted seminars and live webinars on various topics for Lorman Education Services
- Graduate, Wheeling Jesuit University, Wheeling, West Virginia
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
FHA Direct Endorsement - DE Underwriting