Forbearance Agreement Fundamentals
|Date / Time:
This webinar discusses the critical actions and legal issues that a lender should consider when entering into a forbearance agreement.
In particular, the panelists will address the legal considerations that the parties should consider in determining if a waiver or forbearance agreement is appropriate, certain actions that lenders should consider to bolster its position on a post-default basis, and the types of provisions that the parties may consider in drafting and negotiating a waiver or forbearance agreement.
Forbearance vs. Waiver
Lender Protection Actions
- Collateral Due Diligence
- Springing Liens and Guarantees
- Bolstering Priority Position of Liens
- Fraudulent Conveyance and Preference Considerations
Critical Documentation Issues
- Impact of Enforcement Actions
- Notices of Defaults
- Standstill Issues
- Negotiating Post-Default Intercreditor Agreements
- Necessary Estoppel and Ratification Provisions
- Scope, Duration and Termination of Forbearance
- Fee Considerations
- Lender Liability Issues
Stephen M. Pezanosky
- Partner with Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Chair of the firm's Bankruptcy and Business Restructuring Section
- Has practiced since 1991 in the areas of corporate bankruptcy, corporate reorganizations and commercial litigation
- Has written and spoken on many topics related to his areas of expertise
- Chambers USA - Bankruptcy/Restructuring in Texas, 2010 to 2014
- Best Lawyers in America - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation Bankruptcy, 2005 to 2007, 2009 to 2014
- Texas Super Lawyers; Texas Monthly, 2003 to 2013
- Attorneys of Excellence - Elite 100; Fort Worth Business Press, 2003 to 2005
- Best Lawyers in Fort Worth; Fort Worth Magazine, 2004 to 2006 and 2009 to 2013
- Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40, D Magazine, 2002
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Texas Tech University School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, Texas Tech University
- Partner with Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Concentrates his practice in the areas of finance and energy
- Finance practice includes the representation of hedge funds, private equity firms, investment banks and other financial institutions in connection with various financing arrangements
- Energy practice includes the representation of energy companies, hedge funds, private equity firms, investment banks and other financial institutions in connection with oil and gas reserve based financing transactions, other energy based financing arrangements and energy asset acquisitions and divestitures
- "Stopping the Bleeding: Pre-Foreclosure Rights and Equity Collateral," co-writer, Bloomberg BNA's Banking Report, April 1, 2014
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition, 2007
- J.D. degree, cum laude, University of Houston Law Center; B.A. degree, State University of New York at Plattsburgh
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics