UCC Article 9 Update
|Date / Time:
Significant revisions to Article 9 became effective in almost all of the states in 2013. This webinar reviews those changes as well as significant decisions under Article 9.
By attending, you will learn to spot various issues and how to avoid problems when encountering them. Cases that develop Article 9 law and cases that remind us of important issues also will be covered.
Joint Review Committee 2013 Changes
Case Law Developments
- Status of the 2010 Amendments
- Debtor Name Issues Addressed
- Case Law Fixes
- Other 2010 Amendments Issues
- Organized by Topic
- Scope - LLC Interests and Insurance
- Creation and Attachment - Proceeds
- Creation and Attachment: Authentication of Security Agreement
- Perfection by Filing
- Perfection by Filing – Authority to File
- Perfection Y Filing - Proceeds
- Perfection by Other Means: Food Security Act Notices
- Perfection by Other Means: Certificates of Title
- Perfection by Other Means: Mortgage Assignments
- Priorities: Deposit Accounts
- Priorities: Takeouts - Payoff vs. Assignment (Subrogation No Help)
- Priorities: Trustee Is Only a Lien Creditor
- Enforcement: Public vs. Private Sales, Enforcement Against Account Debtors and §9-620 Windfall
- Enforcement: Commercial Reasonableness
- Drafting Lessons: Collateral Descriptions
- Drafting Lessons: Unintended Consequences
Darrell W. Pierce
- Member of Dykema Gossett PLLC in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Focuses on corporate and commercial transactions, particularly those governed by the Uniform Commercial Code
- More than 30 years of experience in the practice of corporate and commercial law
- Fellow of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Represents lenders and borrowers in commercial finance transactions
- Served on the Article 9 Study Committee and the Article 9 Drafting Committee as the chair of the Article 9 Filing Project
- Frequent lecturer on Uniform Commercial Code issues
- J.D. degree, University of Michigan Law School; A.B. degree, Dartmouth College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Letters of Credit
ACH Exception Processing
Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
Deposit Analysis For Today′s Environment
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Safe Deposit Box "Danger Zones"
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers
Flood Insurance Compliance Hot Spots
Opening New Accounts: Trust, Fiduciary and Minor Accounts
Opening New Accounts: Business Accounts
Limited Liability Companies: Do′s and Don′ts
Regulation CC - Check Holds