Document Retention and Destruction Policies for Financial Institutions
|Date / Time:
Many of you have grappled with the issue of what documents need to be retained and for how long. And the plethora of federal laws pertaining to document retention, particular for financial institutions, seems to grow more onerous by the day. The failure to comply with federal law and practical considerations can lead to painful consequences for any financial institution.
This live webinar is designed to provide an overall review of document retention principles and rules for financial institutions, and how they may impact your document retention procedures, and practical approaches to meeting the requirements.
Covered Topics Include:
- An Effective Document Retention and Destruction Program – Who, Why, What, When, Where, and How
- Why Is This Important?
- Cautionary Tales
- Federal and State Requirements
- Rules Specific to Financial Institutions
- Rules of Civil Procedure
- When and How?
- How Long Records Must Be Maintained and How to Properly Store Them
- Record Destruction Policies
- Safe Harbor
Christopher R. Shaw
Neal C. Wise
- Partner in the Business & Commercial Litigation Practice Group of the Jackson, Mississippi office of Jones Walker LLP
- Practice includes commercial litigation, financial institutions law, insurance litigation and media law
- Has handled a variety of complex litigation matters on behalf of financial institutions and insurers, including mortgage fraud, disputes over unauthorized transactions, securities fraud, claims under the federal Racketeer and Corrupt Organizations Act, class actions under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, and various matters involving TILA and RESPA
- Listed as a Mid-South Super Lawyer in the area of Business Litigation
- Writer of the "Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress" section of the Mississippi Encyclopedia of Law and has been a presenter at various seminars on topics of electronic discovery, document retention, and email policies, as well as insurance coverage law
- J.D. degree, cum laude, The University of Mississippi School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, University of Mississippi
- Attorney in the Jones Walker LLP's Banking & Financial Services Practice Group
- Practice focuses on representation of banks and other financial institutions
- For his bank clients, he handles numerous transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, nonbank and branch acquisitions and dispositions, and public and private capital raises
- His practice also includes transactions with the CDFI Fund as well as regulatory compliance matters
- Serves on the Business Law Section of the Mississippi Bar's Executive Committee as well as the board of directors for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund's Mississippi Chapter
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, The University of Mississippi School of Law; B.B.A. degree in economics and a B.B.A. degree in general business, cum laude, Mississippi State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
FHA Direct Endorsement - DE Underwriting