Property Tax Assessments And Appeals
|Date / Time:
How is the assessor valuing the property and what factors are being considered? What should I do if I do not think the assessment is correct?
This live webinar will provide the answers to these questions and more. We will discuss the techniques available to the assessor for the valuation of both real and personal property for property tax assessment purposes.
The concepts of depreciation will be explored in depth along with their relevance to property tax assessments. Most importantly, the live webinar will provide information on how to appeal the value if you believe the assessor is incorrect. It is critical for anyone with oversight or responsibility for real and personal property tax to attend this live webinar.
Topics Covered Include:
- Property Tax Assessments – How Does the Assessor Value Property?
- Cost Approach
- Income Approach
- Sales Comparison Approach
- Depreciation – How Does This Impact the Value for Assessment Purposes?
- Physical Depreciation
- Functional Obsolescence
- Economic Obsolescence
- I Do Not Agree With the Assessor's Conclusion – How to Appeal the Value
- Informal Techniques
- Formal Appeal
Robert E. Lange CMI, ASA
- Property tax manager with Schenk SC in Milwaukee, WI
- More than 25 years of experience in property tax compliance and consulting on all aspects of the property assessment cycle
- Areas of specialization include complex commercial and industrial valuation and assessment, property tax compliance, credits and incentives
- Background also includes performing depreciation and classification studies for cost segregation purposes
- Prior to joining Schenck, he was with a Big Four firm, where he consulted with clients on real and personal property valuation issues includes valuing industrial and commercial properties throughout the United States, as well as in Central America, Europe and Asia
- Frequent speaker at the local and national level for several professional organizations including the Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Works with clients and assessors starting at the informal level to achieve resolution of relevant issues, but has also appeared at Boards of Review to provide expert testimony when required
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation, Certified Member of the Institute (CMI)
- American Society of Appraisers, Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- American Institute of Architects, associate member
- M.B.A., M.A. and B.S. degrees, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Overdraft Protection Programs
Achieving Unclaimed Property Compliance Best Practices For The Banking Industry
What To Do When A Customer Dies
Regulation E Final Changes on Prepaid Cards
Uniform Commercial Code Rules: How to Comply to Attach and Perfect Secured Transactions
Legal Liabilities When Check Fraud Occurs
Call Report: Lending Schedules For Banks
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
TRID Checkup: Areas of Concern and Uncertainty
Calculating Cash Flow
Underwriting Construction Loans
Critical Issues on Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Bank and Financial Institution Fraud
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
Loan Documentation: Top 10 Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Loan Officer Boot Camp