Using Caller ID and Call Recording in Collections
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
AgendaCaller I.D. and What Can a Collection Agency Display on Caller I.D.
- Under TCPA
- The FCC's Rulings
- Under Federal or State Debt Collection Statutes
- What Is the Law?
- How Can Companies Comply?
- What Disclosures Will Minimize Risks of Liabilities?
David J. Kaminski, Carlson & Messer LLP
- Partner at the law firm of Carlson & Messer LLP, a Los Angeles-based civil litigation defense firm
- Practice concentrates in the defense of collection agencies and creditors under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and related state and federal consumer protection statutes
- Has extensive experience in multi-district and class action litigation with emphasis on the FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, and state invasion of privacy and recording act claims
- Has published numerous articles on compliance and the evolving interpretations of consumer protection laws
- Lectured on such topics as the FDCPA, the FCRA, the TCPA, class action strategies in state and federal cases, recording act claims, trends in consumer litigation, risk management issues, and other related topics throughout the United State
- Member of the attorney panel of the ACA International
- bio info
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics