How To Use Excel Dashboards
Feel overwhelmed by the amount of information crossing your desk?
One way to stem the tide is by way of Excel-based dashboards, which can aggregate content from numerous sources into a compact resource that allows you to assimilate mass amounts of information at once, but also quickly drill down into the details when needed.
In this presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA shares with you a number of techniques that you can use to construct dashboard applications in Excel. David teaches from Excel 2010 in this presentation, but his course materials include alternate instructions for Excel 2013, 2007, and 2003 when needed. He also provides an example workbook that includes copies of the related PowerPoint slides on each worksheet.
Who Should Attend:
Practitioners tasked with summarizing large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
This webinar will help you to master a variety of Excel features and worksheet functions that will help you use Excel far more effectively. By attending, you will gain the ability to:
- Create set-and-forget spreadsheets that others can use to monitor financial results
- Use the From Text feature in Excel to establish persistent links to data files exported from your accounting software
- Discover how Microsoft Query allows you to create self-updating links to databases, spreadsheets, text files and other data sources
- Understand how to use the Slicers feature in Excel 2013 to streamline analyzing data within tables
- Discover the Sparklines feature in Excel 2010 and 2013, and how to replicate it in Excel 2007 and earlier
- Use Excel's Custom Views feature to show or hide multiple worksheets on demand
- Use the Group and Ungroup feature to expand or collapse
- Master the versatile SUMIF function
- Use the SUMIFS to sum value based on multiple criteria
- Compare the MIN, SMALL, MAX and LARGE functions
- See why the MATCH and INDEX combination is often superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP
- Overcome annoyances in Excel 2013 by making simple adjustments to Excel's options
- Discover the new Recommended Pivot Tables feature in Excel 2013
- See the new Recommended Charts feature in Excel 2013, as well as user interface changes in Excel 2013 that make managing charts far easier
- Capitalize on new features in Excel 2013 that empower anyone to quickly analyze data
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications (2 Hours)
About Your Speaker
David Ringstrom, CPA, is the Tech Editor-at-Large for AccountingWEB and Going Concern. David speaks at conferences nationally and presents dozens of webinars annually on Excel and other topics. He offers Excel training and consulting services nationwide, and has written numerous articles on spreadsheets.
Other Excel Topics
This course is just one of several Excel training courses we offer as part of our “High Impact Excel” training line. Go to www.CPATrainingCenter.com/Excel-Training-For-Accountants.asp to see the full list of Excel training courses.
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells audio conferences, webcasts, seminars, and other training courses for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|How To Use Excel Dashboards||8/11/2015||$239.00|
|How To Use Excel Dashboards||CD/On-Demand||$239.00||
Best-Ever Compliance Checklists for Consumer Loans
W-8, W-9 and Account Opening Issues
Vital Check and Deposit Issues
Overdraft Privilege Programs: What Your Branches Need To Know And Do
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners - Five Part Webinar
Regulation CC - Checks and Holds
Underwriting Construction Loans
Increase Small Business Lending By Managing Loans Brokers
Vendor Management Essentials
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Excel Tips, Tricks, And Shortcuts
Basics Of Internal Investigations
Loan Processing 101: The Basics
Dealing with Appraisals: Regulations and Requirements
Using Business Tax Returns to Analyze Lending Requests
Tax Return Analysis Workshop For Mortgage Professionals