Excel Explained: Introduction to Spreadsheets
This presentation is designed for those who haven’t worked with Excel spreadsheets before or who haven’t used them in a few years. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data.
David presents an overview of the different types of files you can create; explains Excel’s rows and columns grid; demonstrates how to remove duplicates from a list; shares keyboard shortcuts that simplify repetitive tasks; shows you how to use free, prebuilt Excel templates to get a jump start on your spreadsheet projects—and much more.Learning Objectives:
- Identify how to skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Define the structural basics of Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Apply some basic data-analysis techniques.
David demonstrates techniques by using the version of Excel in use by the majority of attendees for this presentation. Typically, this means he teaches from Excel 2010 or 2013, but his handouts identify differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 when needed. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain.
David’s detailed handouts, with numbered steps, serve as reference material you can use going forward. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses to demonstrate techniques during the presentation.
- Bring Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Compare user interface changes in Excel 2013 and 2016 that have vastly simplified chart-related tasks.
- Discover the Recommended PivotTables feature.
- Eliminate duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Get a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Get an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Get oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature.
- Learn the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Manage column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Master Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Never type $ signs manually in a formula again; use a keyboard shortcut instead.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Streamline printing spreadsheets to PDF format.
- Understand how to enter dates in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Use a custom number format to hide zero amounts within a specific area of a spreadsheet.
- Wrangle long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who wish to learn the basics of working with Excel spreadsheets.
About The Presenter
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches dozens of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase "Either you work Excel, or it works you!"" Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Excel Explained: Introduction to Spreadsheets||CD/On-Demand||$295.00||
Letters of Credit
ACH Exception Processing
Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
Deposit Analysis For Today′s Environment
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Safe Deposit Box "Danger Zones"
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Reg E Compliance – Five Best Practices for Handling Disputes
Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers
Flood Insurance Compliance Hot Spots
Opening New Accounts: Trust, Fiduciary and Minor Accounts
Opening New Accounts: Business Accounts
Limited Liability Companies: Do′s and Don′ts
Regulation CC - Check Holds