Calculating Global Cash Flow
|Date / Time:
||5/24/2017 / 1:00 - 2:30pm Eastern
|| Audio Conference|
Most closely-held business loans are underwritten with an evaluation of the borrower’s trailing financial results, but that analysis frequently overlooks key data that defines the applicant’s total financial picture.
Many underwriters fail to weigh the business owner’s personal financial situation adequately when reviewing the company’s financial capacity and often, an inconsistent examination of financial statements skips information that’s important to understand the global financial conditions of the borrower and owner(s).
This training program discusses the step-by-step evaluation techniques for business financial statements coupled with the personal cash flow information of company principals to ensure that bank’s analysis reflects the entire financial situation while managing client loan accounts or evaluating new credit requests.
By attending this program, participants will learn:
About Your Presenter
- Step-by-step process of collecting critical information from business and personal financial statements and other sources to discover accurate combined net cash flows from business operations and personal finances
- What metrics can be employed to evaluate cash flow adequacy and trends
- An explanation and comparison of the ‘rule of thumb’ cash flow method vs. the Universal Credit Analysis method to review business financial statements
- Suggestions on how to determine appropriate expense “add backs” to allow when evaluating cash flow
- The 6 questions to ask when deciding whether a business expense should be added back to measure actual business cash available to service debt
- Steps to determine critical factors about owner’s personal cash flow to impact business
- Strategies to impose prudent limitations of owner compensation and discretionary expenses
- How to model a global cash flow evaluation of borrower’s debt repayment ability taking into account owner’s personal cash flow and obligations
- Why lender should be skeptical of business brokers discretionary cash flow analysis and credit policy elements to consider re: cash flow evaluation
Charles Green serves as Managing Director of the Small Business Finance Institute, a commercial lender training company with almost 50 years of experience in funding small businesses.
Green has written extensively about business financing, including Banker’s Guide to New Small Business Finance (Wiley, 2014), Get Financing Now (McGraw-Hill, 2012) and bestselling The SBA Loan Book 3rd Edition (Adams Media, 2011). He earned a B.S. Finance from the University of Alabama, a diploma from the Stonier National Graduate School of Banking and completed Executive Education at Harvard Business School. Earlier in his career, he founded and served as President and CEO of Sunrise Bank of Atlanta.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells webinars, audio conferences, and seminars for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics