Format: Webcast/Audio Conference/Interview/Podcast
The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference
||In the current economy, many lenders are looking to the credit enhancement offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration's Government Guaranteed lending programs to keep capital flowing to America's small businesses.
While the many benefits of the programs may be appealing to lenders, an understanding of the guaranty purchase process and the pitfalls to which lenders fall victim, resulting in discounts and denials of these same loan guarantees, is more important now than ever. As the oversight standards of the SBA tighten, lenders need to have the knowledge to ensure their loan guarantees will be honored by the SBA.
II. The 7A Guaranty Purchase Process
- SBA Lending Program in General
- The 7(a) Program
- The 504 Program
- The Lender's Role
III. Tips for Submitting a 'Flawless' Guaranty Purchase Package (And What to Do When It Isn't)
- The 10 Tab Guaranty Purchase Submission Package
- The Purchase Process Timeline
- Timing Issues
- The SBA National Guarantee Purchase Center – Herndon, Va
- Ensure Compliance With the CFR and SOP
- The 'Four Pillars' of the Guaranty Purchase Review
IV. Top Reasons for Repairs and Denials of the Guaranty
- Best Practices
- Telling the Story of the Loan
- Material Deficiencies vs. Technical Deficiencies
- Addressing Errors, Omissions and Deficiencies
- Working With Herndon
V. Recent Developments/Hot Topics
- Appeal Process
Who Should Attend?
- Early Defaults
- Revised SOP 50-51
- Servicing Liquidation Matrix
- Recover Act Loans
This live audio conference is designed for presidents, vice presidents, branch managers, loan officers, loan department personnel, credit and collection managers, accountants and attorneys.
Amy Brownstein, Starfield & Smith, P.C.
Kathleen O'Brien, Starfield & Smith, P.C.
- Partner in the law firm of Starfield & Smith, P.C.
- Practice areas are commercial lending and government guaranteed lending
- Represents lender clients in guaranty purchases and government investigations
- J.D. degree, Loyola Law School; B.A. degree, Tufts University
Continuing Education Credits
- Associate, Starfield & Smith, P.C.
- Practices in a variety of contexts, including commercial lending, finance, real estate, and corporate law
- Represents lender clients in various government-guaranteed loan transactions, including the SBA 7(a) loan program
- Advises lender clients in various government guaranty closing matters and repurchase matters
- Performs SBA eligibility review for franchise and license agreements
- J.D. degree, Temple University Beasely School of Law; B.S. degree, Pennsylvania State University
Credit is available only for the LIVE webcast. Recorded versions do not qualify for credit. Only registered and paid attendees will receive continuing education credit. Certificates of Completion are provided to each registered attendee. Your certificate will be emailed to you within two weeks following completion of the program.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:
||Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
The live versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 0.5
All US States: 0.5
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information