Standby Letter Of Credit: What You Need To Know
|Date / Time:
After this webinar, you should be able to evaluate whether using a SBLC is feasible and appropriate as opposed to some other form of credit assurance. You will learn what terms and problems should be requested and avoided, how to spot SBLC issues and problems and deal with them, when to ask for a confirmation or advice, how to prepare for and properly draw on a letter of credit, how to use certificates to protect the applicant, and what to avoid in letter of credit practice.
The benefits of this course include what to look for in SBLCs, what the alternatives are, who to go to for help and issues to address in drafting and drawing on a letter of credit. And, if you are a banker that handles letters of credit, the common problem areas and exposures, and how to avoid or minimize them.
The materials provided with the content alone should provide a guide for issue spotting and resources for where to look for further help.
About The Presenter
- What an SBLC Can Be Used for
- What Are Their Advantages?
- What Are Their Disadvantages?
- Alternatives to SBLCs and How They Compare to SBLCs
- How LCs Are Priced and Secured
- How Beneficiaries of LCs Fare in a Bankruptcy of the Applicant
- Letter of Credit Application and Reimbursement Agreements
- Potentially Troublesome Letter of Credit Situations
- Confirmations vs. Advices
- What Regimes to Choose for SBLCs: ISP or UCP
- Unique and Counterintuitive Features of LC Law and Practice
- Auto-Extend Clauses and Outside Expiration Dates
- Enjoining a Draw on a Letter of Credit
- Advance Payment Guarantee SBLCs
- Counterguarantee SBLCs – How They Work and Issues They Present
- Force Majeure, Impossibility of Performance and Fraud
- Common Drafting Mistakes
- Foreign LCs and EU 'Bail-in' Language
- Regulatory Capital Guidelines Applicable to SBLCs
- What Is a Swift Format Letter of Credit?
- How to Evaluate the Credit of the Issuer and Deal With Issuer Credit Downgrades
Carter H. Klein
- Partner in Jenner & Block LLP's Chicago office
- Concentrates practice on Uniform Commercial Code work, secured and unsecured lending, asset sales and purchases, trade finance, outsourcing, payments, financial services and regulation, and credit enhancements and workouts; corporations, businesses, banks and other financial institutions seek his counsel on funds transfers, sales and acquisitions, and financial and international transactions work
- Extensive experience with Article 5 of the Uniform Commercial Code – Letters of Credit
- Frequent lecturer on letters of credit
- J.D. degree, Order of the Coif, First in Class, University of Illinois College of Law; B.A. degree, with the highest distinction, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Bank Call Report Preparation for Beginners
Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting
Introduction To Credit Analysis
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents
ACH Exception Processing
Certified Regulatory Vendor Program Manager
Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum
Calculating Cash Flow
Financial Risk Manager Certification
CSA Certified Senior Advisor
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Loan Officer Boot Camp
Loan Processing 101: The Basics