|Learn five steps to pass the exam. The first step is to develop a "context report" that tells your story to the examiners.
Our topic for the webinar will focus on several simple steps to ensure a successful CRA exam outcome. Writing a dynamic CRA context report can show examiners not only that your financial institution understands the community credit needs, but that you are effectively meeting the needs in the assessment areas you serve. We will review the steps required to establish your case and demonstrate why your CRA program qualifies for a "Satisfactory" or possibly "Outstanding" rating.
The only way you can be sure that your performance context tells the right story is to tell the story yourself.
- Five steps for managing a CRA exam
- The importance of developing a CRA strategy and steps for successful implementation
- What's included in a performance context? Learn how to describe your institution, quantify the ability and capacity of the bank to meet credit needs based on financial data, and any issues that should be highlighted about a holding company, affiliate or subsidiary
- Learn how to highlight the positive outcomes of your lending focus and business strategy
- Tips to describe your assessment area including demographic and economic data resources
- Best practices to deal with CRA-related complaints and potential fair lending issues that can threaten a successful exam
- Definitions of Community Development Loans and Services
- Ideas for passing the Investment Test portion of the exam
- Helpful CRA compliance resources and regulatory guidance
Who Should Attend
Compliance Officers, CRA Officers, and Senior Management will find this session very beneficial.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She frequently provides consulting services to financial institutions regarding fair lending and other compliance management issues. Her 36 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank, an affiliate of Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998.
During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. Susan regularly presents seminars to financial associations.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.