|All FFIEC regulatory updates issued in the last two years either directly or indirectly relate to vendor management and outsourcing. In addition, social media, cloud computing and managing payment service providers all have vendor management as the common link.
Clearly this is an area of increased regulatory scrutiny, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. How do the new expectations differ from current practices, and what steps do financial institutions need to take now?Covered Topics:
- Vendor or service provider...why does it matter?
- Expanding the risk assessment
- The details of due diligence
- Contracts – the single most important control
- The new SOC reports - Understanding the differences
- Vendor regulatory exams - The new regulatory requirement
- Attendees will receive white papers on 5 Keys to Understanding a SOC 2 Reports, and 7 Cloud Vendor Deal Breakers for Financial Institutions
- Attendees will also receive a vendor due diligence checklist and a vendor contracts checklist
Who Should Attend
Risk managers, Internal auditors, CIO, ISO, Compliance Officers, those who are involved with vendor management at their institution.The Presenter
Tom Hinkel, Vice President of Compliance Services, is responsible for thought leadership on all compliance related internal and external initiatives. This includes contributions to the R&D, quality control, and sales &marketing departments. He is also responsible for ensuring that Safe Systems' services incorporate and abide by appropriate financial industry regulations and best practices as well as serving as a regulatory compliance resource for Safe Systems' customers.
He is the author of the Compliance Guru website, and has 20+ years' of experience in the banking industry. Hinkel holds a BA from Illinois Wesleyan University; an AA in computer programming; GSEC security certification from the SANS Institute; CISA and CRISC designations from ISACA, and the CCSA and CRMA designations from the IIA.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.