|The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) has issued a series of guidance′s on hot topics this year.
This program goes to those issues that must be addressed: marijuana businesses, elder abuse, virtual currency, and model validation.
Hotspot #1 Marijuana Businesses
- Factors that should considered when deciding to open, close or refuse accounts from marijuana businesses.
- What should be included in the customer due diligence
- Filing SARs on marijuana-related businesses
- Red Flags to Distinguish Priority SARs
- Currency Transaction Reports and Form 8300’s
Hotspot #2 Financial Crimes and the Elderly
- Red Flags for elder abuse or crimes
- SAR Analysis can help prevent future fraud
- Cases where financial institution action has assisted the elderly
- Filing a SAR on Elder abuses
Hotspot #3 Virtual Currency
- What is it?
- Current decisions about who is a money transmitter
- Questions you may want to ask in your due diligence process
- Investigating Users
Hotspot #4 Model Validation
- What is a model?
- How do you validate a model?
- Why examiners are asking for this
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for BSA Officers, BSA Coordinators, Compliance Officers, Security Officers, OFAC Officers and staff who assist with compliance issues in the OFAC area.
About Your Presenter
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.