|Do you know how the term "application" is defined in all of the lending regulations? Do your lenders and front line staff understand the difference between applications and inquires? Join this fast-paced webinar to understand the application process with step by step instructions and actual examples that explain the requirements of several confusing regulations in terms that are easy to understand
BONUS! - Reg Z now REQUIRES that loan originators have "periodic training" to ensure "knowledge of Federal legal requirements that apply to the individual loan originator's loan origination activities." (Source: 1026.36(f)(3)(iii) commentary). ATTEND THIS SESSION TO SATISFY A PORTION OF THE REQUIRED COMPLIANCE TRAINING for all LOAN ORIGINATORS.
- Learn what specific information will help you to handle applications correctly.
- What are the top five mistakes made in application processing?
- What are the timing requirements regarding applications?
- When does an application have to be in writing? Does it have to be signed?
- What are the signature rules for applications?
- Learn about the required disclosure for the "Right to Receive a Copy of Appraisal". Who gets the notice and what are the timing rules? (NOTE: This NEW requirement became effective January 18, 2014).
- How do you properly document the "joint intent" to apply?
- When is an adverse action notice required? What must it contain? Who receives one?
- When can you pull a credit bureau? What documentation should be kept?
- When can a co-signer be requested?
- What are some practical suggestions and best practices?
Who Should Attend
This interactive session is a cost-effective way to gain a greater understanding of the rules about accepting and processing applications. This informative session will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers. Presenter
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She also has an affiliation with gettechnical inc. as an associate trainer. Her 34 year career in banking and training began with 20 years at First National Bank an affiliate Wells Fargo Bank, in Fort Collins, CO. Susan has been a bank compliance consultant or compliance officer in Louisiana since 1998. During her career, Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan regularly presents training to several state banking associations and specializes in compliance management, lending, and Fair Lending issues. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School. Susan also graduated from the University of Akron with a B.S in Art Education and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail)
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.