In this training session, you will learn about setting up new accounts for Individuals, including the definition of the ownership boxes for consumer and trust accounts such as titles, ownership, TIN, and authorized signers for that ownership and death payouts.
It is imperative that we understand the consequences of "choosing" the correct ownership box to be consistent with the accountholder's wishes - especially at death.
For instance, in many states, the signature card and account agreement could possibly override formal documents created outside of the financial institution; for example, wills and trusts.
- The definition of the ownership boxes for consumer and trust accounts
- Signature Card contracts and proper account opening procedures for:
- Individual and Single Party Accounts
- Joint and Multiple Party Accounts with and without Right of Survivorship
- Authorized Signers or Agents on Personal Accounts
- Power of Attorneys - In House Form and Out of House Form
- Minor accounts - including the Uniform Transfer to Minors Act
- Titles, ownership, TIN, and authorized signers for ownership and death payouts
- Plus a live question and answer sessions during this presentation!
Note: It is highly recommended you have a copy of your financial institution's account agreement nearby to follow along during the session.
Who Should Attend
All customer contact personnel, supervisors and officers whose responsibilities include opening or managing the new account area. Excellent for supervisors or officers who have authority to "waive" documentation requirements. Internal Auditors and Compliance Officers will find the information exceptionally beneficial as well.
About Your Presenter
Patrice M. Konarik, is president and founder of Sunwest Training Corp. located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 30 years experience in the financial industry, Patrice has focused her expertise on the retirement and new account areas and is currently providing live training and webinars on these subjects on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in Management Science from New York's Binghamton University.
Many state banking associations and other organizations use Patrice as their main source for training on these complicated topics. Patrice's upbeat personality and former banking experience easily encourages interaction and questions during the training sessions.
Also Available: Opening New Commercial Accounts
In this training session you will learn the types of business entities available in most states, as well as who has "authority" to open the account, sign the resolutions, etc.
For more details or to order, go to www.banktrainingcenter.com/showWCtDetails.asp?TCID=1000606